Thursday, January 3, 2013

Redemption


With her being gone…..I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged.
Their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away......the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice
But still......the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that she’s gone.
I guess I just miss my friend….my guide…my wonderwall.
She always insists me to move on?
“Move on”? I don't have any idea. What that means.
Possibly It means you're ready to re-join society and lead a normal life.
To me it's just a made-up word.
A word so that inertia of rest for......guy like me move and start walking from dead.
What does she really want to know?
Am I sorry for what I did?
There's not a day goes by, I don't feel regret.
Not because I'm in this state of mind, But rather because she think I should.
I look back on the way I was then......a young...overconfident...stupid guy who committed
that terrible thing.
I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him.
Tell him the way things are. But I can't.
That guy’s long gone......and this man who has lost his balance is all that's left.
And I got to live with that.

*lines are copied from the movie Shawshank Redemption The movie…….but modified to suit the cause

No comments:

Post a Comment